1 Pack of Áo Clam & Flower Crab Broth
1 Large Crab (800g - 1kg)
Thick Bee Hoon
3 Smashed Garlic Cloves
Sliced Old Ginger
Kai Lan, Bok Choy or Vegetables of Choice
Shao Xing / Hua Tiao Wine (Optional)
Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
Spring Onions and Coriander (Garnish)
1. Defrost broth overnight in fridge.
2. Clean crab, remove claws and cut body into 4 pieces. Gently pound claws with the back of a knife to crack the shell.
3. Heat butter in a wok and fry ginger and garlic together until fragrant.
4. Add in the crab pieces and a splash of Shao Xing or Hua Tiao wine.
5. Pour in the defrosted broth and bring to a slow simmer.
6. Add in a dash of pepper and simmer on high heat for 6 to 8 minutes until crab is cooked. If soup is too thick, add in some water to adjust the consistency.
7. Add in thick bee hoon and vegetables and allow to simmer for a minute.
8. Finish with another splash of Shao Xing or Hua Tiao wine and add garnishes. Serve hot and enjoy!